Blog views since 1/27/2010

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She's Out of My League

Jessie's thoughts:
3 pops

You know, this movie was actually quite a bit more entertaining then I expected it to be. It was incredibly predictable in some ways, but that’s to be expected with this type of movie I think. It was very funny in an extremely-awkward-make-you-squirm-in-your-seat type of way and it had me laughing through pretty much the entire movie.Jay Baruchel, Kirk, was perfect as the awkward geeky guy with the hot girl. You actually could almost believe that he could get a girl as gorgeous as Alice Eve, Molly. And T.J. Miller was hilarious as Stainer, Kirk’s best friend. He actually pretty much stole the show for me. Every scene that he was in I was just laughing the entire time. I don’t remember ever seeing him in anything before this, but he really needs to be in more movies.Overall, I think this was a great disposable comedy. It’s one of those movies that if you’re in the mood for a good laugh without a lot of deep, convoluted story-lines then it’s absolutely perfect. It was definitely entertaining and, although I probably wouldn’t see this one a second time, it was worth watching.


Adam's thoughts:
3 pops

So this movie was alright, especially if you like those romantic comedies. Be warned it’s a little raunchy, but if your girl doesn’t mind that and has a sense of humor that works with that then this movie is perfect for date night. I found myself laughing through the whole movie. A good sign. I’ve watched some funnier movies but this one held its own. The actors were perfect, and it really touched the hearts of those guys out there that are the "average joes” There were some new faces, like T.J. Miller who played a guy named Stainer. The dude was almost the funniest one of the bunch and I was glad to see some other comedians making their light. Jay Baruchel did a wonderful job in the spotlight and Alice Eve is just plain hot. I was impressed with both of them even if the film wasn’t everything.
What I didn’t like about the movie was you never had the usual structure. Usually a movie goes: guy meets girl, guy falls for girl, problem happens and guy and girl can’t be together, guy chases girl down. This one went through a bunch of hoops and several problems happened. And there was more then just the guy chasing the girl down. Now that isn’t so bad but I felt like the ending was rushed. It was too quick and chaotic to really be believable. I don’t usually watch movies to believe them but when you have the concept of the average joe getting with Miss Beautiful you tend to want something closer to realistic. Overall, though, if this is the only thing I can say bad about the movie then it wasn’t that bad at all.
Go see it, you'll laugh.
Now to go find MY hot girlfriend. I wonder if Alice Eve is available...

No comments:

Post a Comment