Blog views since 1/27/2010

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Crazies



Adam's thoughts:
3 pops

I know that 3 out of 5 seems a bit average, but this movie was not that bad. It has some very good qualities. Especially if you like that survivor horror movie you get from most zombie flicks. But, that’s the problem. When looking at this movie I can not find any unique aspects to it. Granted, we’re not dealing with zombies which was a nice change but it still had that feel of the end of the world and people dieing and turning. There were still plots of a survivor being infected and the small group getting taken out one at a time. Now that doesn’t mean this movie wasn’t good. If you enjoy these types of gory movies then you’ll enjoy this one as well. The acting wasn’t bad and there were some heart pounding moments as far as a scary movie is concerned. I just felt when looking back at all the other movies of this genre that I wasn’t really seeing anything that wasn’t already done by another movie. Maybe I’m just spent on this kind of film. So in my opinion you don’t have to go to the theater to see this. But if it’s a rainy Saturday night with your loved one and you want to see a flick, this one is the one to rent. It's gory, it's action packed and it’s not slow at all. The movie takes on a pace that gets it right into the end of the world very quickly. The only other thing that disappointed me was it bought into that similar gimmick all movies fall into these days, a cliffhanger for a sequel. I don’t mind sequels but I also don’t think every single movie needs to be put in a series. I think that’s just a way for the movie producers to keep making money off the franchise. What happened to the good old classic movies that were one in the same? Also I’m tired of seeing re-makes. That isn’t a slam against this movie, though, because although it’s a re-make the, original is so damn old no one knows what it is and when it was made the budget was so low that the movie just wouldn’t be that enjoyable today. This one was a good choice to re-make. Well I think my rant for this one is over. Now time to go rock myself back and forth in a corner and paint my face with a crayon.

Jessie's thoughts:
4 pops

I loved this movie and I’m so not even going to pretend like I didn’t. It was very suspenseful, very creepy, fairly unique and incredibly entertaining. There was not one moment that I was bored at all. There were a few parts that were definitely cheesy and kind of stereotypical, but whatever, it was still good. And I just have to say that the use of the music was amazing and I loved that it wasn’t the typical thriller music that you’re used to. There were actually scenes that gave me goosebumps because the music just fit so well with what was going on.
Now, I’ve never seen the original of this movie so I don’t know how to compare this re-make with it, but I can definitely say that this was very, very well-made. For all of the zombie movie lovers out there, you’ll definitely want to see this one. The people aren’t actually zombies but they’re close enough. I think that this was definitely a good pick for a re-make. Unlike Adam, I love it when they re-make old scary movies as long as they improve upon the original and don’t make it seem like a spoof.
I think that if you enjoy the survivor, zombie-ish, almost post-apocalypse type of genre then you should definitely see this one and I really don’t think that you’ll be disappointed. If you’re not so into the gory blood and guts type of thing, though, this one probably is one you should skip. Alright, I’m off to go take the crayon away from Adam and slap him back into reality... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment