Blog views since 1/27/2010

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Edge of Darkness



Jessie's Thoughts:
2 pops

Oh, this was so sad. I was so incredibly excited to see Mel Gibson in another action movie where he played a cop, and I had high expectations for this movie but it just didn’t deliver. Sure, there was Mel Gibson. And come on, he’s like the best actor ever, but even he was not enough to carry this movie. From the previews, it was supposed to be a high action movie where a cop was trying to avenge his daughter’s death. In actuality, it was an incredibly slow, boring movie that I almost fell asleep in a couple of times. In fact, the only reason that I’m giving this movie 2 pops instead of 1 is because Mel Gibson was in it and the rest of the actors did an amazing job. The storyline should have been really cool and interesting, but the delivery was horrible. It literally just crawled along and I just kept hoping that it was over but it never seemed to end!
Mel Gibson was amazing, as always, and the little girl that played his young daughter, Gabrielle Popa, was incredible. Like I said before, it had an awesome, very unique storyline to it as well, but they just totally screwed it up with the delivery. I honestly don’t know what else to say about it. I was extremely disappointed and I really hope that the next movie Mel Gibson does is executed better. This movie was just not good enough for him and it made me sad to watch it. I would not suggest seeing this movie at all unless you’re a Gibson fan, and even then I’m not sure I would suggest seeing it. If you’re not a fan of his, then it’s just not worth the time.

Adam's Thoughts:
2 Pops

So this one wasn’t so good. Don’t get me wrong its worth watching if someone rents it or you see it on HBO. Don’t bother paying the 10 bucks or whatever it costs to see it in theaters. The plotline is ‘alright’ but the only thing this movie has going for it is Mel. The dude is still a superb actor despite the “crazy” parts of his personality. The plotline could have been great if the delivery of it was better. It was overly complex and yet delivered slow. The beat never picked up. The few times action erupted in the movie, it was over quick and there wasn’t enough to really spark this movie as an "action" flick. Not that I think it was intended to be but when the most exciting part of the movie is when Mel shoots his gun and that’s all anyone wants to see? Then you can’t call this movie anything else.

Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t shake my head at anyone if they still end up going to see it. Mel is a good actor and I’m a long time fan so if you feel like spending the cash go see it. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... we actually agreed completely on both movies we saw this weekend. That doesn't happen too often!

    ReplyDelete